OK, my mom sent me an email with some good laughs.....Here are some of the bloopers she sent me: (you'll notice that the #'s are out of order, I deleated a few , even though they were funny so there wouldn't be anyone offended) The highlighted ones are favorites of mine!(Amy)
Thank God for church ladies with typewriters !These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared in church news bulletins:
1. The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
2. The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.'The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
3. Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to getrid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
5. Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
6. Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,'giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
7. For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
8. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
9. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 inthe church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
10. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the churchhall. Music will follow.
12. Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
14. Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
15. The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
16. Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
20. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregationwould lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
21. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.Please use the back door.
22. The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
23. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First PresbyterianChurch. Please use large double door at the side entrance.