Friday, June 14, 2013

Tis the Season ............ to be Growing.....

 My SIL moved to a place that had a nice strawberry patch waiting for her....
she was so kind to share!!!!  So far I have made some jelly, dehydrated some for snacks, and made some fruit leather.  I found some wonderful pins on pinterest. You can find some of the yummies
here where I stashed them.





Now is planting and tending time!  With patience and hopes that you have done something right!!!  This year Steve spread straw around the plants in hopes that it would cut down on the weeds taking over.....here hoping it works!!! Anything to keep those little boogers out of the garden.  However, we have deer coming in pretty close so I'm worried they will decide that we put a feast out for them!!! The fence (below) is for the peas!!!  We have:  tomatoes, peppers (sweet & hot, different varieties), radishes, carrots, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, zucchini, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers and more.  I plan to dehydrate more this year than what I have done in the past.  Anyone want to share ideas I'd appreciate it!

 Raspberries and blueberries -- finally getting some on our
bushes!!!  YUMMMMMMMMM


No comments: