Friday, May 31, 2013

Foodie PenPal for May

Had a wonderful foodie package sent to me by Kelly S from DC......I mentioned that I didn't have a Trader Joes close by so she shopped for me there. (I did find one a little over an hour away....but not near close enough to go every week like I want to, I simply love there stuff)  Kelly sent
me some items that were new to me....the Kale Chips are something that I have
never tried, and to be honest, I was a bit hesitant....but those things
are WONDERFUL!!!  Something that I shall purchase in the future.
(If you notice in below post....I purchased some more when I FINALLY was able to
get to a Trader Joes-after I had sampled them from my foodie box)
As for the mango.....well, I shared, but I had to hide it.....
I have Never have used chia seeds but am excited to give it a try...have put on salads...
and plan to try chia pudding.  (So any other suggestions would be great.....want to learn all that
I can)  Then a luna bar and fruit strip to stash in my desk for ......well, you know. 
 I gotta say that this Foodie PenPal deal is pretty fun...my mother has
done several months as well, but she had ended up with a dud and is
giving it a rest....you do take a chance with the person you are paired with, but I have ended up with some MARVELOUS foodpals!!!  (just making that little note, so those of you who are considering to participate have the full "view" of the foodie thing)
 I find myself waiting anxiously for my goodies to arrive, and wondering
what wonderful new items I will get a chance to try.
In the same turn, I really enjoy sending out goodies to others around the country, sending them a taste of my Penn. Dutch area!!
 
 
Thanks so much Kelly!!!! I LOVED my box!!!! It was wonderfully to get to "Virtually" meet you and learn about your interesting job, best of luck.
I sent my package to Johanne....., sent her a box
of German/Amish/Mennonite goodies.....she was another one that I really enjoyed getting to
know virtually....hope all goes well with your schooling and you accomplish much.
 If you wanna see the package I sent Johanne posted here
 
 
 
 
If you are interested in being part of the monthly foodie swap you can visit here for more information....I also have a bit more information mentioned previously in my posts.
 
 


3 comments:

Joanna @ Midwestern Bite said...

Snacky items are some of my fav's to get in FPP boxes. BTW, your blog is so PRETTY and makes me think mine needs a makeover. Glad you had a good FPP month!

Kat @ Eating the Week said...

Fun FPP box! Chia pudding is one of my favorite uses for those funny little seeds. But if you're looking for more ideas, I posted orange chocolate chia bites for a recent Recipe ReDux challenge: http://eatingtheweek.com/2013/04/20/recipe-redux-cupcakes/

Jenny said...

Yum! I bet the Kale chips are delicious!

I agree with Joanna too, your blog is so pretty!!! :)